Wednesday, March 19, 2008

once you quit smoking you put on like 20 lbs

hi there-I just stumbled across this sight a few minutes ago but I've been wanting to quit smoking for quite a few months now. The thing is,(this is going to sound really shallow) I heard once you quit smoking you put on like 20 lbs and I don't want that. I don't want lung cancer either though. I'm 21 years old and I feel like the time is NOW for me to quit (I started when I was 18.) But honestly,I would just like to hear from people who have quit if they did gain wieght or not. ThanksJessie

2 comments:

Jessica Warren said...

I became more active, working out and running after I quit. However I did pay more attention to what I was eating. You might
need to improve your eating habits. If you've only been smoking for 3 years that's great! Its will only get harder
later. And your lungs should recover much more quickly too. I wish you the best of luck.


With age, around 30 most people start putting on weight, smoker or not.
Now my point is. You can quit now, and have a healthy life style, ensuring much better physical appearance when your
older.


Or you can smoke now, become more addicted, have such horrible lungs at 30, that a flight of stairs kills your lungs. So
then you've gain weight, are out of shape, and more addicted.
I hope this helps. And I hope you beat your addiction! Oh and remember that 1 puff that one drag, will put you right back
where you started! So you cant cheat. Good Luck. -Jessica

Jessica Warren said...

i know how you feel, because im going through the same problem too. Anyway what it takes is a lot of motivation to be able to believe in what you really want. Set yourself some short and long term goals so that you could work towards it day by day, it just dosen't happend over nite, but it will happend.
It takes a lot of time and patience.

Good Luck!!!